Rules & Policies
All competitions run differently and input all the data for each category differently as well; this is especially true in the Top Studios category. A lot of times, we will receive the data from the competition and input the results as is — this can result in a lot of misspellings and misinformation. Common mistakes include:
- Spelling errors
- Identified as being part of a studio when actually an independent instructor (and vice versa)
- First and Last names switched
- Each competition will label independent instructors as “(I)” or “independent”. You may be listed twice.
The California Gold Rush Team tries to correct any known mistakes but some will slip past us.
If you are an instructor, please go over the Top Studios list to find your studio or name (Ctrl+F all possibilities) and please e-mail us ASAP to get any and all corrections made.
If you are a student and feel your points have been calculated incorrectly, please list the name of the competition and any additional details in your message to us and we will double check the score sheets.
Teachers, Students and Studios will accumulate points in the following manner.
Single Dances – Pro/Am Bronze, Silver & Gold categories (Youth and discounted entries count as 1/2 value)
1st place: 8 points
2nd place: 7 points
3rd place: 6 points
4th place: 5 points
5th place: 4 points
6th place: 3 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place: 1 point
Single Dance Call backs will each receive 4 points in addition to placement.
MultiDance Championship Scholarships (Youth and discounted entries count as 1/2 value)
1st place: 20 points
2nd place: 15 points
3rd place: 10 points
4th place: 8 points
5th place: 6 points
6th place: 4 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place: 2 point
Multidance Championship Scholarships call backs will each receive 5 points in addition to placement.
Teachers and Pro/Am Students will be awarded Bonus Points for the number of entries at each event. (Youth and discounted entries count as 1/2 value)
10 entries = 100 points
20 entries = 200 points
30 entries = 300 points
40 entries = 400 points
50 entries = 500 points
The California Gold Rush DanceSport Series is designed for competitors who live in, or love visiting California. Our state is a powerhouse of dance, featuring great competitors and thirteen exceptionally strong competitions.
You don?t have to go far to compete at great events. Stake your claim, and experience the California Gold Rush DanceSport Series today.
1) Students can use only two dance entry vouchers per event (i.e. $200). There is no cash value for any of the vouchers.
2) The top 6 teachers at the finale of the California Gold Rush Dancesport Series will receive One Full Package (hotel room not included) to any of the California Gold Rush Dancesport Series events. The teacher decides which event to use the full package. However, the organizer of each event is only obligated to accept the first 2 packages.
3) Emerald Ball is the last competition of the circuit and your last chance to get points toward the Gold Rush Circuit.
4) Awards will be given out on Saturday Evening at the Emerald Ball Dancesport Championships.
5) You must be present at The Emerald Ball Dancesport Championships to receive the awards. The teacher and Student must compete at the Emerald Ball Dancesport Championships with 10 entries or more or you will forfeit your awards. Award voucher(s) must be used within a year of receiving your awards and may be revoked under special circumstances.
6) Any discrepancies in scoring or point accumulation must be reported in writing by using the Discrepancy Report Form on the website. Discrepancies must be filed no later than 21 days after the event posted date on the Leader Board. If not, points will not count.